Shawnee State University, established in 1986, is an accredited four-year university in Portsmouth, Ohio, offering more than 80 associate, bachelor, and master degree programs to prepare our students for Ohio’s In-Demand Jobs. More than 15,000 alumni are using their Shawnee State degrees to make a difference in their communities. Our mission is to prepare today’s students to succeed in tomorrow’s world.
In 2018, Shawnee State was nationally ranked in undergraduate video game design for the eighth year in a row. We have regionally recognized Health Science, Pre-Med, and Occupational Therapy programs and the only Plastics Engineering Technology program of its kind in the region.
Advanced Manufacturing Programs
- Computer Engineering Technology
- Digital Simulation and Gaming Engineering Technology
- Environmental Engineering Technology
- Plastics Engineering Technology
- Electromechanical Engineering Technology
- Industrial Management
- Chemistry, Industrial Track