Looking for a rewarding career? Ohio TechNet programs offer high quality, fast track training allowing you to dive right into a challenging advanced manufacturing career. As a result, you will become highly marketable to manufacturers throughout Ohio!
Once you are accepted into Ohio TechNet, you will begin to work in concert with our educational and employer partners. As a result you will attend classes at a local community college and work up to 25 hours a week for a local employer. As this happens you will be paid a competitive wage for your work and receive valuable hands on experience in your field. You will also have the opportunity to receive a NAM-Endorsed Manufacturing Skills certification as a part of your educational program.
What will a typical week in the Ohio TechNet program look like?
- You will attend classes during the week at your local community college while working up to 25 hours per week with one of our employer partner’s at their facility.
What will I learn while participating in the Ohio TechNet program?
As you participate in the Ohio TechNet program you will become a more balanced and motivated worker who will:
- Master a diverse technical skillset that includes: digital fabrication, industrial safety, welding, CNC machining, and more!!
- You will learn best practices that prepare you to contribute to safety culture, workplace organization, lean manufacturing, problem solving, and critical thinking.
- Be responsible for workplace & classroom attendance, initiative, diligence, teamwork, and verbal & written communication.
What happens when I complete the program?
- An associates degree in an advanced manufacturing related track
- (insert number) of AMT credit hours
- Almost (insert hours) hours of on-the-job training & work experience
- Potentially no student loan debt
- An opportunity for full-time employment with one of Ohio TechNet’s employer partners